Social media has a substantial impact on almost everything we do in life. It can influence you to try a new restaurant, help you reconnect with friends you haven’t seen or talked to in years, sway your opinion on trending topics, and so much more. People of all ages are posting, liking, and commenting more than ever before, and the number of users doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. For example, did you know that there are nearly 3.5 billion active social media users across the globe? If you found that fact shocking and are one of the 3.5 billion active users who (like us) can’t seem to go a day without checking what’s going on in the social media universe, you’re going to love these really interesting (and quite frankly, crazy) 10 facts about social media in 2021:
Social marketing eliminates the middlemen, providing brands the unique opportunity to have a direct relationship with their customers.
1. Instagram Has Over 1 Billion Active Monthly Users: That’s nearly one-third of all active social media users worldwide! Even more interesting? 500 million of these users are active on Instagram daily.
2. 80% of Active Twitter Users Are From Outside of the United States: To give you a little more insight into this fact, there are 335 million monthly active Twitter users, and 46% of these users are active on Twitter every day.
3. The Average Social Media User is Active on Social Media For Over 2 Hours a Day: To be exact, the average social media user is active on social media for 142 minutes each day. That’s a lot of time commenting, liking, sharing, and connecting!
4. Facebook is the Third Most Visited Website in the World: The only two websites ahead of Facebook in terms of traffic are web giants YouTube and Google.
5. More Than 100 Million Job Applications Are Posted on LinkedIn Each Month: A fact that’s even crazier? Three people get hired every minute using LinkedIn.
6. 50% of Consumers Have Stated That They Follow Brands on Social Media to Learn More About New Products and Services: Using social media to promote your business or brand can help you connect with customers and can help keep them up-to-date with any new products or services that you’re offering.
7. The Average Person Has Over 9 Active Social Media Accounts: Some of the most popular social media platforms include Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, TikTok, and Snapchat.
8. Over 1 Billion Hours of Videos Are Watched On YouTube Each Day: These videos are watched by more than 2.2 billion active monthly users, with the average length of a front-page YouTube video being nearly 15 minutes long.
9. 200 Billion Pins Are Saved on Pinterest Daily: These pins are saved mainly by females (7 out of 10 Pinterest users are female), with the average user spending just over 14 minutes on the social media platform.
10. 91% of Social Media Users Access Social Media Using a Mobile Device: People are opting to use mobile devices to access social media rather than devices such as laptops and computers. This is due to the fact that mobile devices make it easy and convenient to access social media platforms while on the go!
Using social media to promote your business or brand gives you the opportunity to connect with consumers in ways that you may never have thought possible. People are using social media more than ever before, and the number of users on these platforms is only going to increase – use this to your advantage!
Share content that’s authentic to your company or brand and reach out to current and potential customers to get feedback. There are so many opportunities that can arise for your business/brand once you begin utilizing the power of social media.
Like this? You May Like These...
Learn how to create Pinterest Brand Boards that showcase your visual likes ad dislikes and that create alignment between your company and creative team.
There are so many unique things that you can write about and share on your social media pages. When you